Round 1 is here. And its a big one.

Round 1 is here. And its a big one.

Pre-season is done. The practice matches are now behind us. This coming Saturday embarks the start of the Turtles journey in their quest to climb the top of the mountain and gain promotion into division one.

The Turtles have a tough opening round assignment this weekend when they take on Prahran Assumption who have gone on a off season recruiting bender to solidify a team that has a wealth of experience and skills that will hopefully deliver them a premiership in season 2017.

Senior coach Damien Bradley has been happy in what his players have produced over the off season and throughout the practice match series and is confident that he has the 22 players that will challenge the Prahran boys on Saturday afternoon at the Turtle Dome.

“I believe that we have built a strong foundation throughout our preseason. We have had more than a sufficient amount of players on the track in every training session from November until now. As a coaching and playing group we believe we have the players and game plan that can bring success back to the club that we have been striving for for some time now. From all reports Prahran has recruited well in the off season and to, has had a strong pre-season but with that in mind we will look to push them to their very limits in front of our home crowd this weekend”, coach Bradley said on Tuesday morning.

A big crowd is expected this week against Prahran at Eltham College Oval. Not only is it the opening round to the 2017 but the Old Eltham Collegians Family Fun Day! Click here to see full details around the event.

Reserves are on from 11:30am and then the big Senior clash at 2pm.

2017-04-03T21:18:06+00:00 April 2nd, 2017|Club News|0 Comments